Subscribe Now

To Subscribe to this blog using email:
Enter your email address below

To Subscribe to the blog using a blog reading tool:
Use the link below

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Ongoing Saga of the Ear Infection and other stuff

I have a quick minute to send out an update. Ryan took Julia over to his friend's house to watch South Africa versus someone in Rugby. Brooke is still asleep. I have had breakfast and a small cup of coffee (with non-dairy creamer for Julia's sake). Well...Brooke just woke up. Isn't that how it goes. I'll make it quick...
Monday through Wednesday - B was in a great mood. Things started to go downhill again on Wednesday afternoon. Grumpier...harder to please...wouldn't really take her bottle. Her ear seemed sensitive again. I made an appointment for the next day with her pediatrician and one on Friday with the ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat MD). Haven't seen the ENT since she was 2 months old! She threw up her nighttime food/bottle and spiked a temp that evening. By the next morning, her ear drum had burst again. Seriously! Again!
We went in to see her Pediatrician. Talked about a variety of antibiotic options. This followed by that. If that doesn't work by Saturday, we'll try this other one. Finally we opted for two shots of Rocephin - a bigger gun antibiotic that hits more bugs. Not great for a kid who gets Antibiotics all the time. Brooke isn't that kid though, and we need this over with!!
Since the first shot, she is in a better place. Happier and feeling better! Yeah!!!
We got the KidWalk!!! It is so amazing. I absolutely can't express enough how amazing it is seeing her in it! She is going backwards in it, which is great. Purposeful movement is purposeful movement. She drools like crazy when she's in it because she is concentrating so much! It's so funny. She's normally not a drooler either. I took some video with my camera, but I turned the camera on its side - so the video is on its side. I'll post some really great, right-side-up video here soon!

No comments: