Subscribe Now

To Subscribe to this blog using email:
Enter your email address below

To Subscribe to the blog using a blog reading tool:
Use the link below

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 30th ... Appropriate because both Kadie & Ryan are now 30!

Brooke's Papa (and Tutu) came to Visit...Althought you can't tell by this picture, she was really happy to see him!
A toy I made for Brooke to facilitate reaching. It's working!
Happy girl on mommy's lap and kissing daddy below!

Sorry about the title, but I couldn't think of anything else. It was really hot today, or at least it felt like it to me. I'm ready for the Fall. Brooke is ready for cooler weather. That's for sure! She likes cooler weather - she has fewer seizures, seems to be awake more, and gets to go outside and play more, which she loves.



We have had a great couple of weeks since my last post. Brooke is a happy girl. We still see seizures here and there, but they are the myoclonic head dropping kind that don't totally interrupt her day. Maybe once a week we have a serioulsy lethargic day with more seizure activity, but most days are inconsistently wonderful!



Brooke is working her lungs out by yelling and squeeling - she likes to hear herself. This is so funny to watch. In order to get all the sound out, she has to pretty much move every body part. It's hysterical. She loves being tickled - both softly and tickle monster style. She'll lift her belly up off the ground when she wants it tickled.



Brooke started Water Therapy with easter seals as well. She goes once a week. It is Physical Therapy in the Water. I was able to go to the first two sessions and will make it to as many as I can from here on out. Fortunately we scheduled it during my lunch "break", so I can go as long as I don't have a lunch appointment. Brooke is still a bit hesitant with the new therapist, but she is learning to trust her and does really well. Ryan and I took her in our neighbor's pool on Sunday evening, and she was a little mermaid. She kicked her legs and pushed off the sides of the pool and the step. Yelled a lot. She wants to move all the time, but has limited strength at this point, so the freedom the water provides is invaluable.




No comments: