Subscribe Now

To Subscribe to this blog using email:
Enter your email address below

To Subscribe to the blog using a blog reading tool:
Use the link below

Friday, July 4, 2008

July 4, 2008

I figure I mine as well get up and write something because there's no way I am getting any sleep! I'll start with the good stuff and move into the funny...

Brooke had a wonderful day yesterday. She stood in her stander for 20 minutes and played with her piano - unassisted! Well, unassisted for the most part. She had a great speech therapy appointment as well. So, last night we decided to go out to dinner here in Alameda. Ryan insisted on bringing the blue squiggles chair so Brooke could be comfortable during dinner. This probably sounds like no big deal, but it was huge for us. The squiggles chair is a support chair that, although the least institutional looking on the market, draws attention to the fact that Brooke needs extra help and that something is not quite 'normal'. People did watch us, but we did it. And it was no big deal. Brooke had a blast and sat right up at the table with us. She had her hands on the table. She talked, laughed, and drank her bottle. She had a great time. It was so great to get over that little speed bump that seemed so daunting. What an amazing husband I have. He was adamant about doing it, admitting that it was going to be a big deal for him too, but not willing to waiver on the fact that we needed to get through it.
By the time we got home, Brooke was sleeping hard. So....we made a brave, and foolish, decision. No Melatonin at bedtime. Brooke did well until about 12am. The rest of the night, we listened to her laugh, yell, spit out her pacifier, yell to get it back, ect....I am so tired. I can't believe we didn't giver her the melatonin. Ryan and Brooke are now sleeping. I'm sure I won't see either one until well past 9am. Right now, I find that very funny. At around 9am, when I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee, I'm sure I won't be laughing!! Have a wonderful Independence Day!

2 comments:

Reagan Leigh said...

I think that's great that you stepped out of your comfort zone like that! I understand what a huge deal that is because I know I wouldn't be comfortable doing that just yet. I'm glad that Brooke likes her new chair so much. She's such a cutie!! I loved the video of her during her music therapy!! Take care and keep in touch!
Tera

Anonymous said...

Good for Brooke! It seems she is making progress daily. Even if it costs you sleep, it has to be worth it!!! I hope you get a good night's sleep soon. Love, Vicki